Outstanding optical properties,
flicker-free digital image
with super clarity.
A fully PC controlled FE SEM intended for both – for high vacuum as well as for low vacuum operations. Outstanding optical properties, flicker-free digital image with super clarity. Sophisticated user-friendly software for microscope control and image capturing using Windows™ platform, standard formats of stored images, enhanced image archiving, processing and measurements, automatic set up of the microscope and many other automated operations are characteristic features of the equipment.
- LM MIRA chamber provides superior specimen handling using a full 5-axis motorized compucentric stage and ideal geometry for EDX and EBSD.
- Numerous interface ports with optimized analytical geometry for EDX, WDX and EBSD as well as for attaching many other detectors
- First-class YAG scintillator-based detectors
- Selection of optional detectors and accessories
- Full operating vacuum can be obtained quickly and easily with powerful turbomolecular and dry fore vacuum pumps, electron gun pumping with an ion pump
- Investigation of non-conductive samples in variable pressure mode versions, excellent results in the investigation of magnetic samples
- Several options for chamber suspension type ensure effective reduction of ambient vibrations in the laboratory.
This large-chamber model with an extended motorized manipulator operates at high vacuum for the investigation of conductive samples with extraordinary imaging quality.
This variable-pressure FE SEM supplements all the advantages of the high vacuum model with extended facilities for low vacuum operation, enabling the investigation of non-conductive specimens in their natural uncoated state.
All microscope functions are controlled by keyboard, mouse and trackball via the program MiraTC using Windows™ platform.
- Image Processing
- 3D Scanning
- Multi Image Calibrator
- Object Area
- Switch-Off Timer
- Live Video
- Particles Basic
- Particles Advanced
- Sample Observer
- Image Snapper
- DrawBeam Basic
- DrawBeam Advanced
- EasyEDX Integration Software
- Input Director
- TESCAN TRACE GSR
- 3D Metrology (MeX)
- System Examinertions
High brightness Schottky emitter
at 30 kV: 2x – 1,000,000x
|Maximum Field of View:|
6.4 mm at WDanalytical 10 mm
200 V to 30 kV / 50 V to 30 kV with BDT option
2 pA to 200 nA
|Electron Optics Working Modes:|
In low vacuum mode Resolution and Depth mode available
from 20 ns to 10 ms per pixel adjustable in steps or continuously
Point & Line Scan
* - pressure < 5x10-4 Pa reachable
|Pumping Time after Specimen Exchange:|
typically < 3 minutes
Door Width 148 mm
|Number of ports:|
+ configuration and number of ports can be modified to customers’ needs.
compucentric, fully motorized
X = 80 mm (–40 mm to +40 mm)
Rotation: 360° continuous
|Maximum Specimen Height:|
50 mm (with BDT rotation stage)
- SE Secondary electron detector Everhart-Thornley type (YAG Crystal)
- Retractable BSE* Retractable annular backscattered electron detector scintillator type (YAG crystal) with high sensitivity and atomic number resolution (0.1)
- pA Meter Probe Current Measurements
- Touch Alarm Stops movements when sample touches any part of the chamber
- IR TV Camera For live „Chamber View“
- In-Beam SE Detector
- Detector of secondary electrons located in the objective and intended for high resolution and short working distances
- LVSTD (up to 500 Pa)
- Original SE detector for low vacuum operations, modified Everhart-Thornley type, U.S. Patent No. 7,193,222 B2
- Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT) package
- Intended for the highest resolution at low beam voltages includes system for negative voltage biasing of the sample stage and new in-beam detector that works either as SE detector (in BD mode) or BSE detector (in standard mode). BDT package includes decontaminator as standard.
- Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT) option
- Intended for the highest resolution at low beam voltages includes system for negative voltage biasing of the sample stage and new in-beam detector that works either as SE detector (in BD mode) or BSE detector (in standardl mode). This option does not include decontaminator.
- In-Beam BSE detector
- Annular scintillator based backscattered electron detector (YAG crystal) mounted in-column that enables to obtain BSE images at very short working distances
- Retractable Dual Scintillator BSE Detector*
- Retractable 4-Quadrant semiconductor BSE Detector*
- STEM detector Scanning transmission electron microscope detector; Bright Field and Dark Field imaging
- CL Detector* Panchromatic cathodoluminescence detector, two wavelength ranges available: 350 nm – 650 nm; 185 nm – 850 nm
- Color CL Detector* Color cathodoluminescence detector. RGB image processing is fully integrated in microscope control software. No external scanning, wavelength range 350 nm – 850 nm.
- BSE/CL detector Combined retractable, 350 nm – 650 nm
- EBIC Electron beam induced current detection
- EasyEDX Integrated tool for Bruker EDS control
- EDX** Take off angle: 35° at WD 15 mm; 30° at WD 10 mm
- WDX**,*** Take off angle: 35 at WD 15 mm; 30° at WD 10 mm
- EBSD** Electron backscattered diffraction
*motorized mechanics as an option
** fully integrated third party products
*** EDAX only in configuration with In-Beam detector
- Peltier Cooling stage
- Water Vapor Inlet
- Beam Blanker
- Load Lock
- Control Panel
- Optical Stage Navigation
- Decontaminator/plasma cleaner
1Possible combinations of optional detectors and other accessories must be discussed with TESCAN Brno.
UPS 2kW is standard part of delivery